Wednesday, August 13, 2014

5 Steps to Start Reading (Again)

Source: unknown

I used to have an unhealthy relationship with books. I would finish one a day in junior high. I procrastinated from doing my homework by reading. I had to hide the fact that I've been reading all the time and doing my homework just before class started.
That's when it started that my father wanted me to read newspaper and biographies of successful people. I stopped reading for a long time.

We all know the importance of reading. Since some years I try to pick up the habit of reading again. I found it quite difficult to get back on track.
But have some steps to spark your love for reading / again:

  1. Know what kind of genre you enjoy to read.
  2. Do your research about of an potential read. 
  3. Re-read old favorites.
  4. Maybe switch languages since it gives you a new perspective of the story.
    (I enjoy English books much better than the translations or even German books... German books are all so fussy about the wrong things...)
  5. Make a book club with friends that enjoy reading :)
    (I just started mine on FB~)

No comments :

Post a Comment